Time in Tibet:

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Transit Day.

Well, here it is. Transit day.  We make the jump into Tibet today with a specially arranged flight at 1:30pm local time. A Special TEP (Tibet Entry Permit) has been arranged. I'm told we have an extensive check-in procedure, so we're leaving for the airport at 10:30AM local time. We're 15 hours ahead of the Pacific Time zone so I'm still getting adjusted to the upside down schedule. I met up with the group last night for the first time and shared a dinner at a local restaurant while talking about our motivations for this adventure. Having met these guys for the first time it was interesting to hear that everyone was intrigued by Tibet and curious to see this exotic land. Ditto. I think we have a good group of experienced riders, all good guys. Mark, Jorgen, Kevin and Vellimir. Representing Canada, Australia, the US (x2) and Germany it's a good international bunch. I'm up early, can't really sleep, thinking about things that we are about to see. First up, 11,800 ft elevation in Lhasa. This has been a pretty major topic on my mind. Feeling a bit edgy.