Time in Tibet:

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The moment before.

Here I am. It's that "moment before" when you're just about to set out on something that feels major, feels bigger than you can comprehend.  It's an unusual feeling for me given that I tend to do the somewhat predictable, logical, appropriate thing.  This feels 180 degrees out of phase with that habit.  As I said in an earlier post this is something completely new for me. Going someplace I've never been, where I don't speak the language, don't know anyone and have no existing connection.  Why do it? I guess I have been compelled by the need to understand something bigger. Something bigger in myself, in others and the world.  We're all connected in some way, whether your word is God, Allah, Buddha, or atomic energy. OK, that was two words. In any case, no matter what you believe, there are things that are bigger than us and things that ARE us. I keep wondering if they are the same thing. Here I am, at that "moment before" , in anticipation, ready to go.