Time in Tibet:

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Leave it all behind.


I have been corresponding with a friend who has spent a significant amount of time in Tibet helping to create better medical conditions, specifically for women. Her take on the situation in Tibet is that things are pretty bleak and people really have nothing. She suggested that prior to exiting Tibet I should consider leaving everything behind. She suggested I leave it with the monks at the monestary as they would best know how to distribute based upon real need. Aside from the whole "releasing all your worldy possessions" thing it sounds that there is a substantial need for everything there. I plan on taking a decent supply of the standard medications like ibuprofen, acetaminophen, etc so those things are very useful. Also, clothing, equipment, tools, etc. I'm also trying to determine what might be a useful item to bring in bulk to give away as we visit each village. Any suggestions?