Time in Tibet:

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Packing the Hardware

Had all the gear laid out across the floor for the past couple of weeks. Trying to develop my inventory of need vs. want. Need the boots,but  want the backup helmet. Need the Riding jacket, but want the second pair of jeans. Now that I've waded through the list I'm trying to squeeze it down into the limited space of two large equipment bags secured at Sport Chalet from Outdoor Products. 30inch equipment duffles seem to be able to hold the majority of the gear, but personal items need to go into the carry-on bag so they don't "disappear" as I've been told.  Once the packing is done the bags will be unpacked and an equipment inventory per bag will be recorded so I can tell what made it and what didn't… interesting to be building a strategy for the unplanned disappearance of gear…